ECAR | Every Child a Reader
As we follow health guidelines and suggestions, In-Person classes will only resume once we can safely do so. We understand that there may be new regulations as we get closer to September and we will keep you up to date on when and if ECAR is able to offer In-Person meetings.
Info about E.C.A.R.:
Every Child A Reader is a one-on-one literacy tutoring program focusing on the development of reading and writing skills. ECAR is the next step after the Learning Program and one more step on the education pathway of the children attending. This program requires active participation by both the student and his/her parents to be successful. Skills are presented and taught in 45-minute-long weekly tutoring sessions; tutors meet with parents for 15 minutes at the end of each session, and then work is given to be continued at home with daily repetition. Club 21 aspires to graduate an entire generation of capable readers with Down syndrome who will, as a result, be more independent and confident in their daily lives.
ECAR 2021-2022 Term Dates:
- Fall Term 1: Cancelled
- Fall Term 2: 6 week term- Tuesday/Wednesday November 2/3- Tuesday/Wednesday December 14/15
- No ECAR the week of Thanksgiving (Tuesday/Wednesday November 23/24)
- Winter Term: 8 week term- Tuesday/Wednesday January 11/12- Tuesday/Wednesday March 1/2
- Spring Term: 8 week term- Tuesday/Wednesday March 115/16- Tuesday/Wednesday May10/11
When: Weekly on Tuesday and Wednesdays from 4:30-5:30
Age Range: Kindergarten and Up.
- Fall Term 1 (6 weeks) is $210
- Fall Term 2 (6 weeks) is $210
- Winter Term (7 weeks) is $245
- Spring Term (7 weeks) is $245
A discount of $35 will be given if you sign up and pay in full for each ECAR Term you will be registering for. Example, if you are paying for the Fall Term 1 and pay in full your registration cost will be $175.
Required deposit will be $70 for one term.
Membership to Club 21 Required (all memberships renew every January)
Program Director: Joyce Webster email@example.com
For additional info call 626.844.1821 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't Forget: You Must Be a Member of Club 21 to Participate
We are grateful to the following foundations that have provided funds and resources to make ECAR possible: Tournament of Roses