January 30, 2024 7:00 - 8:30PM (VIRTUAL)
Ereida Galda, Family Support and Education Specialist
Understanding and Navigating the In-Home Support Services Program (IHSS)
This presentation will provide:
- An overview of the IHSS Program
- The types of services IHSS offers
- It will provide you with tips/suggestions on documentation, information and notes you should collect in preparation for the application process.
- The different methods to apply
- What to expect at the home assessment & the next steps
- Brief information on your right to appeal if you disagree with the decision
Ereida Galda is the proud mother of 3 wonderful adults and 1 beautiful granddaughter and a grandson on the way. Her son Johnny who was born with Cerebral Palsy and other chronic medical conditions is the reason behind the passion in her working in this field. From her own personal experience, Ereida is able understand the importance of receiving parent to parent support, resources, information, and referrals to systems of care, to ensure the family’s needs are being met and hopefully made easier. She recognizes the importance of informing and empowering families, so they can best advocate for their loved ones. DOWNLOAD FLYER HERE.