2022-2023 ECAR | Every Child a Reader
About: Every Child A Reader is a one-on-one literacy tutoring program focusing on the development of reading and writing skills.
4:30-5:15: Students meet with their tutors. Parents are together participating in a facilitated discussion.
5:15-5:30: Students all debrief together while the parents meet with the tutor to discuss what was covered during their session and to give any assigned homework.
Club 21 aspires to graduate an entire generation of capable readers with Down syndrome who will, as a result, be more independent and confident in their daily lives.
ECAR 2022-2023 Term Dates (2023-2024 dates TBA):
- Fall Term 1: 6 week term - Tuesday/Wednesday September 13/14 - October 18/19
- Fall Term 2: 6 week term - Tuesday/Wednesday November 1/2 - December 13-14
- No ECAR the week of Thanksgiving (Tuesday/Wednesday November 22/23)
- Winter Term: 8 week term - Tuesday/Wednesday January 10/11 - Tuesday/Wednesday February 28/March 1
- Spring Term: 8 week term - Tuesday/Wednesday March 14/15 - Tuesday/Wednesday May 9/10- All students will take one week of their choosing off for spring break.
When: Weekly on Tuesday and Wednesdays from 4:30pm-5:30pm
Age Range: Kindergarten through high school
- Fall Term 1 (6 weeks) is $210
- Fall Term 2 (6 weeks) is $210
- Winter Term (8 weeks) is $280
- Spring Term (8 weeks) is $280
A discount of $35 will be given if you sign up and pay in full for each ECAR Term you will be registering for. Example, if you are paying for the Fall Term 1 and pay in full your registration cost will be $175.
Required deposit will be $70 for one term.
Membership to Club 21 Required (all memberships renew every January)
Program Director: Joyce Webster email@example.com
For additional info call 626.844.1821 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are grateful to the following foundations that have provided funds and resources to make ECAR possible: Tournament of Roses