About Partners in Transition: The Real World of Transitions for 16 years & up
Transitions can be difficult to navigate, particularly if you don't know the questions to ask or know what resources are available. Come and learn with a small cohort of 10 to get information, questions answered, and map out a path for the future. You will have a great guide in Dr. Richard Rosenberg.
- Target: Parents of individuals with Down syndrome 16 years old and up
- Outcome: Parents will gain information on 5 topics related to navigating life after High School. Each topic will have supplemental information and will have one task to follow up on the topic WITH either their child/school.
- 5 Monthly Topics:
- Developing a Circle of Support
- Pre Employment Skills/ Getting Work/Volunteer Experience
- Technology that supports Independence and how to utilize the IEP/ITP process
- Collaboration of Department of Rehabilitation, Regional Center, and School district. Supplemental Social Security income and Social Security Insurance (SSI & SSDI)
- Self Advocacy/ Self Determination Addressing Post Secondary Career Pathways, Guardianship, Conservatorship, and every young adult having a voice.
- Limited to 10 Families.
When: Twice a month for 5 months
Saturdays in Person at Club 21 from 10:00am-12:00pm and Mondays will be on Zoom 6:30-8:00pm
- Saturday, October 14, 2023 10:00am-12:00pm and Monday, October 23, 2023 6:30-8:00pm (Zoom)
- Saturday, November 11, 2023 10:00am-12:00pm and Monday, November 27, 2023 6:30-8:00pm (Zoom)
- Saturday, January 13, 2024 10:00am-12:00pm and Monday, January 22, 2024 6:30-8:00pm (Zoom)
- Saturday, February 10, 2024 10:00am-12:00pm and Monday, February 26, 2024 6:30-8:00pm (Zoom)
- Saturday, March 9, 2024 10:00am-12:00PM and Monday, March 25, 2024 6:30-8:00pm (Zoom)
Cost: $250 (with scholarships available)
The Team: Dr. Richard Rosenberg and various guest speakers